Town of Telluride
Public Works Department
1370 Black Bear Road
Telluride, CO 81435
The Town of Telluride (Town) is located in the southwest corner of the State of Colorado in San Miguel County; west of HWY 550 between Montrose and Durango. The Town is situated at the end of a three-mile spur off State Highway 145. It is comprised of roughly fifty square blocks and serves approximately 2,360 residents. Its visitor population can be significantly larger than this. Telluride’s major municipal water system components include:
- Three (3) water treatment facilities (Mill Creek, Stillwell, and Pandora);
- Water collection and distribution system piping, valves, fire hydrants, and appurtenances;
- Three (3) water storage reservoirs (Pandora Tank and two tanks at the Stillwell site);
- One (1) wastewater treatment facility (Telluride Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant);
- Wastewater collection system piping and appurtenances; and
- Two (2) non-potable groundwater wells in Town Park that are used for irrigation, street cleaning, and periodic dust suppression.
Telluride’s Water and Wastewater Division within its Public Works Department manages the water and wastewater plants. The Public Works Streets and Utilities Division manages the collection and distribution systems.