Teachers are invited to register for FREE to participate in the Forest to Faucets – My Water Comes from the San Juan Mountains Teacher Workshop.
Taking Place: August 3 – 4, 2023 at the
San Juan National Forest Headquarters
15 Burnett Court, Durango, CO
Join Join Mountain Studies Institute, Water Information Program, Fort Lewis College, and San Juan Mountains Association for this FUN two days of hands-on exploration of our local watersheds. Our investigations will be based on the My Water Comes from the San Juan Mountains book and curriculum guide.
A great way to get outdoors and find out about the resources available to you for field trips and place-based education and activities that address Colorado State Standards.
A great way to network with other teachers!
• Free 2-Day Workshop for K-12 teachers
• Hands-on classroom & field based activities that
meet CO State Standards
• Field trips throughout the Animas Watershed
• Expert guest speakers
• My Water Teacher’s Kit & Water Guide Book for your school
• Free lunch each day
• Includes 16 contact hours and certificate
• Optional 1 credit of continuing education
available through Adams State University
(for an additional cost) upon completion of course and homework
For More Information and to Register Click Here.