- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Empire Electric Association
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- Harris Water Engineering
- High Desert Conservation District
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Archuleta Water District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- La Plata West Water Authority
- Mancos Conservation District
- Montezuma Valley Irrigation Company
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- Town of Silverton
- Town of Telluride
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas-La Plata Project (Lake Nighthorse)
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Mancos Project (Jackson Gulch Reservoir)
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
April 9, 2014--Upper Colorado Basin ranked 2nd among 10 most endangered rivers in the nation (Steamboat Today)
American Rivers, the national conservation organization, on Wednesday ranked the upper Colorado River Basin — and by implication the Yampa River with it — among its 10 most endangered rivers in the country. The Colorado was named the most endangered river in the U.S.
Last month, Colorado Gov.
Nearly $30 million in Colorado Lottery revenue will be spent on eight projects along Colorado rivers and creeks. Gov. John Hickenlooper and Great Outdoors Colorado announced the grants on Tuesday in Denver. Five are being made to projects along the Front Range.
Biologists with Colorado Parks and Wildlife say they continue to find new signs of aquatic invaders in Colorado waters, including New Zealand mudsnails, which showed up in East Delaney Butte Reservoir this summer.
The Colorado Supreme Court released an opinion this week that critics say could jeopardize the Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District’s ability to obtain additional water.
“The spread of aquatic nuisance species is a serious problem that threatens to disrupt our fisheries and potentially restrict angler opportunity,” said Colorado Division of Wildlife commission chairman Tim Glenn.
Shell Oil Co. said Tuesday it is abandoning its quest for water rights from the Yampa River in northwest Colorado to develop oil shale production, citing delays in the project due to the global economic downturn. The Yampa is the last free-flowing river in Colorado, uninterrupted by dams or other diversions.
Male bass in Colorado rivers and other basins around the nation widely exhibit feminine sex traits, a federal fish study released Monday shows. This gender-bending was most common in the southeastern U.S.
Members of the Arkansas Basin Roundtable are perturbed that state agencies are not responding to requests from the Front Range to include the Gunnison River basin in its studies of future water suppli
Ten million people will live in Colorado by 2050, putting strains on the water supply that can only be met by taking water from agriculture and building new pipelines from the Western Slope to the Front Ra