- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
- Colorado, Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Water Quality, Oil and Gas Development
Northern Integrated Supply Project
In light of a newly released study that projects a devastating water shortfall in the Colorado River by 2060, Congressman Cory Gardner (R-CO) is renewing his call for increased water storage and announcing related legislation that he plans to introduce next year.
Speaker after speaker at a Thursday rally in support of a regional water storage project made references to the obvious. They pointed out that the nearly 4 inches of rain that has fallen in Northern Colorado in the past week is all headed for Nebraska and Kansas. “We don’t get thank-you notes from Kansas and Nebraska,” state Rep.
The Western Slope's leading advocacy group has tentatively endorsed a controversial water-storage project that critics say would destroy the Cache La Poudre River. Club 20 executive director Reeves Brown said that at first glance, the $490 million Northern Integrated Supply Project — which calls for the construction of two new reservoirs in northern Colorado — appears reasonable.
The state and water users need to get the Environmental Protection Agency on board sooner in the planning process of providing water for future generations, a member of Gov. Bill Ritter's Cabinet said Wednesday.
The Northern Integrated Supply Project has won an endorsement by a candidate for governor.
Supporters of a new reservoir in northern Colorado say it's needed to protect agriculture.
Plans to build and operate a 60-inch water pipeline from Bellvue to Greeley are being affected by other projects that would draw water from the Poudre River, including the controversial Glade Reservoir.
The Windsor Town Board took another dunk into the topic of water conservation during last week’s regular session when they passed a resolution approving a water conservation plan.
City officials are still concerned about a proposed reservoir that would draw from the Poudre River, despite a study suggesting that potential impacts on the community's drinking water could be less than o