- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
Southern Delivery System
A new study more closely links industrial areas to deposits of mercury in lakes. The study found atmospheric deposition of mercury is about four times higher in lakes near several major U.S. cities compared to lakes in remote areas, the U.S. Geological Survey announced Tuesday. The study included lakes in the Denver area.
May 21, 2011--Colorado's biggest water project in decades under construction from Pueblo to Springs (Denver Post)
As much as 100 million gallons a day of Arkansas River water trapped in a reservoir for southern Colorado and downriver states is about to take a left turn — to Colo
Gov. Bill Ritter outlined three “pillars” for providing water to Colorado in the future at Thursday’s opening session of the Colorado Water Congress. “We face really serious challenges,” Ritter told the group at its 52nd annual convention.
There will be no public hearing on the Southern Delivery System for a permit under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act.
Pueblo is completing its own hydrology report on Wild Horse Dry Creek that shows significantly lower floods during a 100-year flood than earlier federal estimates.
Construction of a $1.1 billion pipeline to carry water from Pueblo Dam to Colorado Springs has been pushed back by four years because of new estimates on when it will be needed.
While Pueblo West is fighting a Pueblo County condition requiring it to help protect the Arkansas River below Pueblo Dam, the metro district has agreed in the past to help maintain flows through Puebl
Other water users are being invited to use a proposed hookup to the Pueblo Dam that would be part of the Southern Delivery System.
Colorado Springs is looking at revisions in its stormwater management system and inviting the public to participate in the process.
Colorado Springs Utilities likely will recommend Southern Delivery System be built through Pueblo County, rather than Fremont County, when it gives an update to Colorado Springs City Council next mont