- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
South Platte River
Utah wildlife officials have confirmed that there is a tiny population of rare greenback cutthroat trout in a small creek in the LaSal Mountains east of Moab. Officials have issued an emergency fishing regulation to protect the fish. Greenback cutthroat are listed as threatened on the endangered species list and are managed as a protected fish.
Many farmers in this northern Colorado plains region are struggling to keep their crops irrigated and stay afloat as they find themselves on the wrong side of state water rules dating back to the 19th cent
A bill offering help to farmers who use irrigation wells along the South Platte River is on its way to the governor, who plans to sign it. The Senate gave final approval Monday to House Bill 1174, which would excuse the farmers from having to replace water their wells drew before March 15, 1974, from an aquifer that supplies the river.
Unless new water supplies are found to serve a growing population along the South Platte River, pressure will continue to be put on agriculture to provide water for new residents, a state water official said Monday.
Soon it will be seven years since fires ravaged the South Platte River basin in the vicinity of Cheesman Reservoir, less than a flicker in geologic time, but a small eternity for enthusiasts waiting for the river's recovery.
Majority Democrats are carrying most of the water (bills) in the Colorado Legislature this year.
About 14,000 gallons of untreated wastewater overflowed into the South Platte River on Wednesday, but crews were able to contain it.
During the first Water Policy Committee meeting of the new year, representatives from the city’s Prairie Waters Project updated the newly reconfigured body about the progress of construction on the effort.
From where the town of Erie sits — on the flats at the very eastern edge of Boulder County — residents can see the snow stacked in the valleys near the Continental Divide, which melts to quench the thirst