- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
Scientists are trying to understand how water diverted to irrigate crops makes its way back to the Arkansas River along tributaries or as groundwater throughout the basin.
Selenium levels on Fountain Creek go up as the hardness of water increases downstream, creating concerns that they could affect aquatic life on the Arkansas River all the way to John Martin Reservoir. That’s the upshot of a study by a team of Colorado State University-Pueblo researchers who have been studying Fountain Creek for the past three years.
A plan to build a pair of reservoirs downstream from Lake Pueblo has drawn some interest from the Lower Arkansas Valley Water Conservancy District. “You definitely get the point in this project,” Prowers County Director Leroy Mauch said Wednesday.
A judge Thursday ordered Colorado Springs to pay a $35,500 penalty to the federal government for discharging pollutants from its sewage system into Fountain Creek. The penalty was the only sanction in a long-awaited decision in a lawsuit the Sierra Club brought in 2005 against the city for violating the federal Clean Water Act. Senior U.S.
A gravel pit on Fountain Creek will pose an interesting dilemma for a newly created district charged with regulating land-use issues in the flood plain.
Pueblo is completing its own hydrology report on Wild Horse Dry Creek that shows significantly lower floods during a 100-year flood than earlier federal estimates.
A $282,000 project will help create a fish passage on Fountain Creek at a Colorado Springs Utilities diversion that will improve habitat for two threatened fish species.
If Colorado’s mountains are like the heart and lungs of the state, its streamside environments are the veins and arteries.
Pueblo County Commissioner Jeff Chostner told Rotary Club 43 members Monday that there's another side to Pueblo West's problem with the county.
University researchers looking at water quality on Fountain Creek are seeking funds to continue studies downstream of the confluence at the Arkansas River.