- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Conservation District
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Empire Electric Association
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Archuleta Water District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
The freshwater team at National Geographic believes the principle of motivated individual action can help to restore the flow of the Colorado River. Together with the Bonneville Environment Foundation and Participant Media, National Geographic has created the “Change the Course” campaign.
April 16, 2014--Jolted by reality, Colorado River water managers plan for persistent drought (Circle of Blue)
The severe risks of an extended drought in the Colorado River Basin – a shutdown of hydropower generation, functionally empty lakes, and restrictions on water use – are forcing the basin’s seven states to consider unprecedented changes in how they manage a scarce resource.
April 15, 2014--Water expert Mulroy to join Brookings Mountain West, Desert Research Institute (Las Vegas Sun)
Recently retired water czar Pat Mulroy is bringing her expertise and reputation as an international leader on water issues to a pair of institutions with a connection to UNLV, the Sun has learned. Mulroy will take on dual roles with Brookings Mountain West and the Desert Research Institute.
An Australian-based water scientist is testing a new technology to help save imperilled underground water resources in Australia and around the world as climate change tightens its grip on the global food supply.
Another year of drought shouldn’t be enough to force any water restrictions this year for Washington County residents, but state managers say it is enough to make a case for tapping into the Colorado River by building the 140-mile Lake Powell Pipeline.
A new listing that ranks the entire c as the second-most-endangered river network in the United States brings important attention to the “hardest working river in America,” observes Jim Pokrandt, spokesman for the Colorado River District.
The Colorado River was once a symbol of the majesty of the American West.
Brothers Stewart and Kirby Savage should be out right now, planting rice, a crop that their family has grown in Matagorda County for nearly a century. But here they sit, in their low-slung office along Texas 60, talking water, or the lack of it. The Savage family, like many rice farmers, are facing a third year in a row without irrigation water from the Colorado River.
April 9, 2014--Upper Colorado Basin ranked 2nd among 10 most endangered rivers in the nation (Steamboat Today)
American Rivers, the national conservation organization, on Wednesday ranked the upper Colorado River Basin — and by implication the Yampa River with it — among its 10 most endangered rivers in the country. The Colorado was named the most endangered river in the U.S.
The Colorado River is an extraordinary river whose currents flow not just in one direction, but in many directions across landscapes and borders, meeting many needs and demands. Last month, the Colorado River began to flow once again toward the Gulf of California as part of an unprecedented agreement to improve the riparian environment of the river and the Colorado River Delta.