- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Conservation District
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Empire Electric Association
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Archuleta Water District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
The Water Information Program is a public information program sponsored by the water districts, organizations and agencies in the San Juan and Dolores watersheds of Southwestern Colorado. The purpose of the WIP is to provide information to the public and community on water topics and water related issues.
Colorado WaterWise Value of Water Toolkit is now available! It has evolved into the new Colorado Water – Live Like You Love It program.
EPA Releases “Being Prepared for Climate Change: A Workbook for Developing Risk-Based Adaptation Plans”
Being Prepared for Climate Change: A Workbook for Developing Risk-Based Adaptation Plans
Two West Slope Water Conservation Districts Jointly Adopt Principles for Addressing Colorado River Drought Conditions
The two Water Conservation Districts that comprise the entire Colorado River basin in Colorado adopted implementation principles concerning how the current, extended drought conditions are addressed on the Colorado River’s storage system.
As an essential resource, water supports the open space provided by the state’s productive ranches and farms, brings us recreational activities such as boating and fishing, is the source of high quality drinking water for our growing towns and cities, and provides life to the beautiful environment that surrounds us.
Under the Clean Water Act definition of “Waters of the U.S” the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S.
We are trying to obtain input on whether or not there is support for a National Water Policy. Please provide comments and input, including why or why not. Thank you in advance for your time!
The freshwater team at National Geographic believes the principle of motivated individual action can help to restore the flow of the Colorado River. Together with the Bonneville Environment Foundation and Participant Media, National Geographic has created the “Change the Course” campaign.
The following provides legislative updates for the 2014 session. The Board of the Southwestern Water Conservation District provides this as a service to those interested in water related legislation. We hope that you find the updates beneficial.
Southwestern Water Conservation District
The following provides a listing of water related jobs:
Extension Regional Water Specialist (Closes 11/13/14)
San Juan Watershed Group Planning and Outreach Coordinator (closes 11/1/14)
Weather watchers are needed to help Colorado State monitor the ongoing drought and longer-term climate conditions. The Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network, known as CoCoRaHS, is hoping to have at least one person per square mile recording observations along the Front Range, and as many as possible elsewhere in the state.
Farmers consume nearly 90 percent of Colorado's water, and Colorado State University is offering ways for them to use it more efficiently. A grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to CSU's Center for Agricultural Energy will pay for reduced-cost irrigation efficiency audits for growers with center pivot systems.