- About WIP
- Participating Entities
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District
- City of Durango Water Commission
- Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Dolores Conservation District
- Dolores Water Conservancy District
- Empire Electric Association
- Florida Water Conservancy District
- La Plata Archuleta Water District
- La Plata Electric Association
- La Plata Water Conservancy District
- Mancos Conservation District
- Mancos Water Conservancy District
- Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD)
- Pine River Irrigation District
- San Juan Water Conservancy District
- Southwestern Water Conservation District
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Regional Water Projects
- Animas River Stakeholders
- Animas-La Plata Project
- Cloud Seeding Program
- Dolores Project (McPhee Reservoir)
- Dry Gulch Reservoir (Pending)
- Florida Project (Lemon Reservoir)
- Jackson Gulch Reservoir
- Long Hollow Reservoir
- Pine River Project (Vallecito Reservoir)
- Rio Blanco Restoration Project
- River Protection Work Group
- UMETCO (Urivan) Water Rights
- Water Information
- Contact WIP
The Water Information Program is a public information program sponsored by the water districts, organizations and agencies in the San Juan and Dolores watersheds of Southwestern Colorado. The purpose of the WIP is to provide information to the public and community on water topics and water related issues.
The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation is inviting States, Tribes, irrigation districts, water districts and other organizations with water or power delivery to apply for a funding opportunity to cost-share on projects that conserve and use water more efficiently, increase the use of renewable energy and improve energy efficiency. The projects should support water sustainability in the west.
This special report was prepared by the Ferguson Group (TFG), that is the lobbyist for the Family Farm Alliance. It is a good report on the outcome of the midterm elections and potential impacts to the congressional committees with jurisdiction over federal water policies, infrastructure, and program funding. The Family Farm Alliance distributed the report to its membership, so if you distribute further, please give credit to the Farm Alliance & TFG.
Colorado WaterWise Value of Water Toolkit is now available! It has evolved into the new Colorado Water – Live Like You Love It program.
EPA Releases “Being Prepared for Climate Change: A Workbook for Developing Risk-Based Adaptation Plans”
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Climate Ready Estuaries program has published Being Prepared for Climate Change: A Workbook for Developing Risk-Based Adaptation Plans as a resource for environmental managers and planners.
Two West Slope Water Conservation Districts Jointly Adopt Principles for Addressing Colorado River Drought Conditions
The two Water Conservation Districts that comprise the entire Colorado River basin in Colorado adopted implementation principles concerning how the current, extended drought conditions are addressed on the Colorado River’s storage system.
As an essential resource, water supports the open space provided by the state’s productive ranches and farms, brings us recreational activities such as boating and fishing, is the source of high quality drinking water for our growing towns and cities, and provides life to the beautiful environment that surrounds us.
We are trying to obtain input on whether or not there is support for a National Water Policy. Please provide comments and input, including why or why not. Thank you in advance for your time!
The freshwater team at National Geographic believes the principle of motivated individual action can help to restore the flow of the Colorado River. Together with the Bonneville Environment Foundation and Participant Media, National Geographic has created the “Change the Course” campaign.
The following provides legislative updates for the 2014 session. The Board of the Southwestern Water Conservation District provides this as a service to those interested in water related legislation. We hope that you find the updates beneficial.
Southwestern Water Conservation District
The following provides a listing of water related jobs:
Extension Regional Water Specialist (Closes 11/13/14)
San Juan Watershed Group Planning and Outreach Coordinator (closes 11/1/14)